What are good Topics for a Safety Meeting Speaker?
Last Updated: May 25, 2017
Chances are, you can look in the office, production area, maintenance shop or parking lot and spot a topic.
Still no luck? PPE Training.
Lets look at some of the most common items of #PPETraining:
- Hard Hats – these may also serve to prevent accidental contact with electrical switchgear
- Gloves – protection from physical and chemical hazards
- Safety Glasses – goggles and face shields
- Protective Footwear – protect from objects, extreme temperatures and ESD
- Flame Retardant Clothing FRCs – wear around potential source of flame such as flammable liquids, solids, vapors, electrical switchgear
- Hearing Protection – areas of long-term or short-term exposure
Then, if you work in industries that are a little more esoteric:
- Respirators – be aware of dust and vapor hazards
- Metatarsal Protection
- Chemical Resistant Coveralls – protect the entire body
Are there some topics that are more seasonal in nature?
- Heat Exhaustion
- Remember to Hydrate – is your workplace arid?
- Extreme Cold – can be a challenge even in Arizona
- Annual Training such as Bloodborne Pathogens – many employers plan ahead and get these out of the way early in the year
- School’s Open – earlier each year, it seems
- Holiday Safety – mid-year and end-of-year are filled with holidays
Also, think about safety outside the workplace:
- Home Safety
- Safe Driving
- Camping Safety
- Hunting Safety
- Boating Safety
As you look around the workplace, you will see that the list of safety meeting topics is endless. Why? Because the variety of workplace situations requiring PPE Training, personalities and materials is almost infinite.